Thursday, April 23, 2009

You know you're out of shape when.....

My oldest kidlet's softball team practices at a field 4 blocks from our house. This is 4 suburban blocks, not city blocks, so the field is really close. We decided to ride our bikes to the field yesterday. Since kidlet #1 just got a bigger bike, she is still a little unsteady on it. So I offered to throw the bat bag over my shoulder. Oh, I should also mention that I was also carrying a Venti Skim No-Foam Latte from Starbucks. Needless to say, this middle-aged mom is out of shape!!! My occasional trips to the treadmill in the basement are apparently not good enough! My things were BURNING as I peddled! I couldn't get up the small hill to the field, so I had to walk the bike up. I am sure every kid in that park was pointing and laughing :)

I did manage to salvage most of my latte and walk off the cramps during practice. But OIY that bike ride home was hell!!!

No comments: