Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Baby News!

Don't get your undies in a bunch! It is SO NOT me!!! I haven't carried a diaper bag in 5 years, and have lost my ability to lactate. Nope, this uterus is closed for business.

Two news stories, involving babies, grabbed my attention today. First, Anne (I came from another planet) Heche and her man James (of course I would leave Coley Laffoon for him) Tupper became the proud parents of baby ATLAS. Yep, that's Atlas as in, "Honey, we're heading out on the road, have you seen the road ATLAS?" I usually don't make fun of celebrity baby names, but Atlas? There isn't even a good nickname for the poor kid. "Hey AT, wanna play some pick-up this afternoon?" Nope, that doesn't work. "Hey Las, wanna go make-out?" Don't see that happening. I think this poor woman's epidural worked a little too well and numbed her brain cells along with her spine.

The second news story that grabbed my attention was that Bristol Palin and baby-daddy Levi Johnston broke up just two months after the teens had their son. Well hit me over the head with a loaf of rye! I never saw that one coming (she says in full eye-roll). "Gee, mom is running for Vice President and I'm pregant... what am I gonna do? I know, we'll have mom's brand new, GOP paid publicist put a spin on it! We'll say that me and the baby-daddy are REALLY engaged! We'll have the GOP buy him a spankin' new suit and strut him on the stages with me! Yeah! That'll work!"

I see a movie deal for Bristol. I could only hope that Planned Parenthood uses pictures of both Bristol and Anne in their posters for birth control.

3 comments:

Heather - Hopelessly Flawed said...

Well I can't say I'm surprised, but I am sad about Bristol Palin. She has a very difficult road ahead of her, and my prayers are with them all.

Tina said...

haha - you crack me up!

Crafts a la Mode said...

Both my husband's family and mine have unmarried young mothers in them. In fact, I don't know of a family that has not been touched by this. My daughter had my granddaughter out of wedlock. Fortunately, she was 24 at the time ("I didn't think I could get pregnant"). However, now we have a beautiful 6 year old in the house and we are loving it! I'm sure it will be the same with Sarah Palin and family...a new baby and lots of love. For a long time my daughter felt shame for this, but I believe that the moviemakers are to blame for changing the morals of our society. They make casual sex seem like the right thing to do anywhere, anytime. Guess what? That makes babies!!! Take care, Linda