Thursday, March 13, 2008

I just love it when....

No one is sick in the house! Oh my! I don't know about you, but this winter sicko season has been horrible in our house! It started with the snotty noses and lovely lung butter that accompanies every damn cough. Then it manifested itself into the "headache/fever/sinus" flu. Daughter #2 was affected first. Had her home an entire week with a headache and fever. Then the following week, it was daughter #1's turn. Yep, home the entire week. Just when I thought I would finally have a "normal" week - I got hit with it. That was just two weeks ago, and now daughter #1 has pink eye. Does it ever end?

It's supposed to be in the 50s here in the Chicago area today and I plan on opening up every window and changing all the bedding. I have also warned the kiddos that they have to be bleeding out of their eyeballs to take another sick day before the end of the school year.

Oh, and the end of the school year is being pushed back by almost a week because of all the snow days. I'm not sure yet if having the kiddos in school an extra week is a good thing or a bad thing. All I know is that I can't wait until the lazy days by the community pool start again!

(I know, not really funny today, but when you've been dealing with the crud for the past two months, there is nothing funny to say!)

No comments: