Monday, March 10, 2008

For Tricia ---

I've been reading this incredible blog for a while now. A wonderful, courageous woman named Tricia who is in a full blown battle with Cystic Fibrosis (CF) and awaiting a lung transplant. In the meantime, her beautiful baby girl is in the NICU, gaining weight and smiling for her daddy.

I'm sharing a few comments for Tricia...

- I can't wait until your baby girl throws up in the car for the first time and even though you powerwash the interior, you smell spoiled milk puke smell for months.

- I can't wait until your baby girl says, "mommy" "mommy" "mommy" over and over again, so many times, that you want to change your name your name to Myrtle.

- I can't wait until your baby girl tells you she wants to take ballet, soccer, karate and art - all in the same week, and you sign her up for all of them because you don't want to stifle any creativity or talent in your three year old.

- I can't wait until your baby girl's first day of Kindergarten. You'll laugh, you'll cry. And then you'll realize that life is starting over again for you.

- I can't wait until there is no more CF in the world, and that your baby girl will never know a world where her mom has CF.

- I can't wait until your baby girl makes you a grandma with her own baby girls.

Stay strong Tricia. Make your own destiny. Visualize where you want to be tomorrow, next week, next month and next year. Laugh in life's jokes. Find comfort in shadows - for shadows are nothing without the light that shines behind them.

And always have faith in our God, because He still very much has faith in you.

(All my bestest wishes to Tricia, Nathan and baby Gwyneth. You are always in my heart and prayers!)

No comments: