Monday, September 29, 2008

The "Guys" Weekend

My ever-lovin' hubby just returned from his annual "guy's weekend camping trip". He is full of testesterone now, and sporting 3 days growths. He is wearing the same clothes today as he was on Friday at 5am when he left. He feels manly, re-charged even.

I, on the other hand, spent 3 glorious days with the kidlets. We did Build-A-Bear, Claire's (where all the rage are the fake eyeglasses, and we are now the proud owner of 3 pairs), Limited Too, Nordstrom's, McDonald's, Marshalls, etc..... I also went to soccer games, softball games, and still had the energy to do mani/pedis on my girls. I did 3 loads of laundry, re-organized a closet, and cleaned up cat puke.

So my question is this - why don't the moms ever get an annual "girl's weekend trip"? Oh, I already know the answer to that. But I'm curious if any of you actually do a weekend trip away with your girlfriends. Seriously. If you do, please post back to my post. I want to live vicariously through all of you.

My answer to the question is this: I could go away for weekend, sans kids and hubby, but then I would return to 10 loads of laundry, dishes in the sink, crap laying in every single room, non-bathed kids, forgotten soccer and softball games, cats that haven't been fed in 3 days, etc, etc, etc...

So ANY relaxation at all, would be down the crapper in the first 5 minutes of being home! It just isn't worth it!

So instead of going away for a weekend with my friends, I decided to treat myself to new Ugg boots this weekend. Ah yes, my idea of some estrogen injection - a great pair of expensive shoes!

No comments: