Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Why Cats and Men are alike but we prefer cats

My entire life, I've been surrounded by cats. From our family cats, to the cats out at the barn where I rode and trained horses. Always purring, always there for a hug... you get the picture. I have two cats now, 14 year old full sisters, but as different as night and day. One of our cats is very friendly, a little dopey and just your basic lazy-ass cat. The other cat - the one who has attached herself to me - is quite finicky and rather bitchy. (Gee, I wonder why she likes me?)

I was thinking the other night that cats and men have a lot in common. Let me list the similarities:

~ They both purr when you pet them.
~ They will seek you out when they are hungry.
~ Thankfully, they usually bathe themselves.
~ They will stand at the door and howl when they want to go out with their friends.
~ When they are angry at you, they both will yell and sometimes hiss at you.

Now, the reasons we women prefer cats over men:

~ When you pet them, they ONLY purr.
~ They actually like to snuggle in bed with you.
~ They pretty much leave you alone.
~ They never argue with you.
~ They sit patiently when you talk to them and unload on them, and never interrupt.

I'm sure I could think of another five thousand reasons why cats are preferred by women, but as you can see by the spattering of items listed above, this is absolute proof as to why there are so many cats in a household that also includes a woman.

No comments: