Friday, September 11, 2009

The Donkey, The Curling Iron & The Berries

We had our last, blow-out camping trip of the year over Labor Day Weekend. The sun was shining, it was warm, and our campground was a blast! The kidlets found other kids their own age, and all was good! Then came the donkey, or I should say, donkeys.

Our campground featured a barn with llamas, shetland ponies and donkeys. Cute, right? Fun for the kids, right? And it was... until one of the donkeys started braying in the middle of the night... for three straight nights! Now, I have never heard a donkey in heat, or one that is seriously maimed, but that's what it sounded like! I swear, if grunting was involved in the braying, I would think that in a few months there would be little donkeys running around!

Then there was the curling iron. Each morning when I went into the bathroom to wash my face, there was this woman there, blow drying the wet counter (and she told her daughter not to put anything down on that wet, disgusting counter) and curling her hair. Her face was already painted like some toddler that goe into her mom's make-up. This was every morning!!!! Does this woman not realize that it's called CAMPING?!?!?!? No one cares what your hair and face look like! Nine out of ten times, you're not ever going to see these people again! Are there still women that VAIN out there? Seriously?

But the highlight of the weekend was after we got home and realized that the pretty berry tree we had the camper and van parked under was shedding berries. And the birds that were eating the berries, were also crapping the berries onto the camper and the van. My nice white camper and nice white van looked like someone was executed at point blank range in front of them! And I don't know how much you know about berry-soaked bird crap, but it's like trying to get cement off of a leaf! I finally resorted to the trusty power-washer.

Phew! All in all, it was a good time, and we will be returning to that fabulous campground, but next time, I'm going to request a site under a nice fir tree. And I'm going to be sure that there are no divas in the bathroom, and I'll be sure to bring with the ear plugs!

2 comments:

Chanda said...

LOL about the woman with the curling iron :) (and I'm not sure how you made it out without killing the donkey, more patience than me I am thinking!) Glad you all had a good time!

Jennifer said...

Chandra! LOL! The donkey was just annoying after a while... I'm just thankful it didn't wake up the kidlets or the snoring husband! Thanks for reading! :)